Our course covers the theoretical aspects of autism and gives an introduction to how to work with autistic people, enabling participants to begin to empathise and start to consider how to adapt their practice with useful strategies.
What are the aims of this course?
- Wednesday 13th September, 10:00 – 12:30
- To explain Autistic Spectrum Disorders and the areas involved
- To describe Asperger’s syndrome and its link with autism
- To explain how Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome affects the way a person communicates and relates to people around them
- To explain methods of supporting a person with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome