The Hideaway is looking for someone to join the team!
What would I be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced cook or chef looking for a varied role in a friendly and busy independent café. The role of Café Chef will be responsible for serving an appetising range of brunch items, light lunches, cakes, and snacks. Our meals are made fresh to order, and cakes are baked on-site, so the ideal candidate will have a passion for both freshly cooked food, baking cakes, and providing great customer service.
What we can offer you
- £12-14 per hour
- Sociable/flexible hours
How will you contribute to the team?
- By preparing and serving a variety of high-quality, appetising, and well-presented brunch items, light lunches, and cakes
- Contributing to menu planning and idea
- Using a daily cleaning rota to ensure all areas of the kitchen are clean, tidy, and maintained to the highest standard
- Complying with and implementing Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times
- Working closely with the Café Manager in the day-to-day operational requirements for the Café
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Proven experience in cooking & baking in a similar setting
- An eye for quality and high standards in customer care
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated and hard-working with the ability to use your initiative
- Confident and customer-focused team player with a positive attitude and passion for good food
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage your time effectively